Ahi means 'fire' in Maaori. In many ancient cultures and myths Ahi has been known to purify the land with the flames of destruction, however, it is also capable of the renewal of life through the warmth and comfort of those very same flames.
Ahi means to us:
- Protection and warmth
- An ACTIVE force that has the passion to create and animate things.
- Represents the creativity and passion that all intellectual and emotional beings have.
- Never dies- just like our values.
- Is used in a camp fire which brings people together to share stories and laughter
- Support/Encouragement of one another