TRACK AND TRACING AT CELEBRATIONS
In line with government requirements we are asking that everyone who attends an event at school in the coming weeks complete track and tracing upon arrival at the school hall.
This can be done in one of two ways:
If you are using the Tracer app we ask that you select
‘Add a Manual Entry’ option as pictured
Type the names of everyone from the whaanau who is attending in the details box on the next screen
Remember to press ‘Add entry’ once you have finished.
A reminder that if anyone is unwell to please stay at home.
COVID-19 Update 9th October 2020Following the Prime Minister’s announcement that Auckland has moved to Level 1, I want to assure you that the move down to Alert Level 1 provides certainty that it is safe for all children and young people to physically attend school, and attending school regularly really matters. Read More..
NZQA Changes for students in Auckland
We recently received important information from NZQA on changes to NCEA for students in Auckland. A copy of this is attached. Please read through and have a conversation with your child on their understanding of the changes and how they are tracking. Read More...
COVID-19 Update 29th August 2020I hope you all continue to stay safe and well in your Level 3 bubbles. We’re looking forward to welcoming all our rangatahi and staff back at school on Monday 31st August following the return to Alert Level 2. Please find links to the Ministry of Education Auckland Return to School at Alert Level 2 letter in English which has also been translated into Samoan, Tongan and Kuki Airani Read More..
COVID-19 Update 25th August 2020Following the Government announcement yesterday afternoon we are now moving back to Alert Level 2 at the beginning of next week. We look forward to welcoming all our students and staff back onsite at that time. Thank you again to our whaanau and caregivers for the support and resilience you have shown through Alert Level 3. Read More...
COVID-19 Update 14th August 2020Kia Ora Whaanau, following the Governments decision that we are to remain in Level 3 until midnight Wednesday 26th August in this communication there will be updated information on the following:
Hauora, Communication, Akoranga Conferences, Reports, Waananga, Enrolments 2021, Online Learning, No Device, Te Aka Paerangi aa Kura (Virtual School Playbook), NZ COVID Tracer app, Visiting school, Essential Workers. Read More..Te Aka Paerangi aa Kura (Virtual School Playbook)
COVID-19 Update 12th August 2020
Kia Ora Whaanau, in this post there will be information on the following:
Hauora, Communication, Akoranga Conferences, Pacifika Talanoa, Online Learning and NZ COVID Tracer app
COVID-19 Update 11th August 2020
Kia ora Whaanau, further to the Government Press conference this evening you will be aware that Auckland is returning to Level 3 as of 12pm Wednesday 12th of August. Schools have been instructed to close for all students apart from children of essential workers under the age of 14. Read More...
COVID-19 Update 5th June 2020Thank you for your support over the last three weeks of Alert Level 2. We are all hoping that on Monday June 8 the Government will announce that we are moving to Alert Level 1 and that everyone will feel safe to return to school. Read More...
COVID-19 Update 29th May 2020
Fa’afetai lava mo le lagolagoina o le vaiaso o le Gagana Samoa. Thank you very much for your support and participation in the Samoan language week. Our Te Hurihanga programme over the last two weeks has focussed on reconnecting, Hauora and celebrating Samoan Language Week, whilst still supporting those who have wanted to continue learning from home.Read More...
COVID-19 Update 18th May 2020Exciting New Revamped WAANANGA programme Welcome back to school, Today Pounamu and TAM, and on Thursday Kootuku and Ahi. On Wed ALL Y12 and Y13 students are invited to attend our newly revamped WAANANGA program. The Waananga program will support you with gaining NCEA credits in areas that you have strengths in, but may not necessarily have been given the opportunity previously to gain credits in. Please see the attached document that oulines some exciting opportunuties for you to gain some NCEA credits. To sign on use the following link: https://tinyurl.com/Waananga-Wednesday-May-20
COVID-19 Update 16th May 2020I hope you have had a chance to watch our beautiful return to school blessing with our staff on our Manurewa High School Facebook page. Your Kaitiaki will have already or will be contacting you to confirm our arrangements for returning to school next week. Read More...
COVID-19 Update 14th May 2020
I hope you all continue to stay safe and well in your bubbles. Please find below the information regarding students transitioning back to Manurewa High School under Alert Level 2. We are prioritising Health and taking a cautious approach into transitioning our Staff and Students into Level 2 and a return to school. Read More...
COVID-19 Update 13th May 2020I hope you all continue to stay safe and well in your bubbles. Following the announcement by the Prime Minister yesterday on the shift to COVID19 Alert Level 2 advising that schools are safe environments for students and staff to return to, we can now share some further information regarding students returning to Manurewa High School under Alert Level 2. Read More...
COVID -19 Update - 9th May 2020
I am sure you have followed with interest the announcements made by the Prime Minister. It is reassuring to hear how well our country has done at minimising the impacts of COVID-19. Alert Levels 4 and 3 have not been easy and I thank you for your ongoing support for the work we are doing.Read More...
COVID -19 Update - 21th April 2020We hope that Term 2 and our online learning programme is working for your rangatahi. We know there will have been challenges for you to deal with but we have been getting some great feedback about the learning that is happening and thank you for all your mahi and support. Read More...
COVID -19 Update - 15th April 2020As we go through the days of the Lockdown phase of New Zealand’s response to COVID-19 and the brought forward start to the term break, life is now very different than anything most of us have ever experienced. Read More...
Online Learning Video-14th April 2020
COVID-19 update - 30th March 2020
As we go through Day 5 of the Lockdown phase of New Zealand’s response to COVID-19 and the brought forward start to the term break, life is now very different than anything most of us have ever experienced. Read more..
Year levels learning from home plan Week 9 - 23rd March 2020
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement that we are now at Level 2, some of our staff will now need to work from home. Read more..
COVID-19 - 20th March 2020
With so much information and misinformation swirling around about COVID-19, I wanted to share with you what will happen if we were to have a case in our school community. Read more..
Polyfest Cancellation translated into Samoan- 18th March 2020
O se folafolaga mo tatou ‘āiga, ua lē taunu’u le tauvaga o le Polyfest ona o nisi fa’afitauli ua lē mafai ona taofia. Ua lē taunu’u fo’i fa’afiafiaga o le po siva mo le kulupu Toga i le aso Lulu, fa’apea fo’i ma le kulupu Samoa i le aso Tofi. Read more..
Polyfest Cancellation translated into Tongan- 18th March 2020
Hou’eiki moe kainga, fakamolemole kae ‘oatu e ki’i ongoongo koeni meihe ‘apiako Manurewa High School. Kuo mahino mai eni ‘ae kaniseli e Polyfest ‘oe ta’uni, pea ne fakakaukau ai e Poate ‘oku fakapotopoto ke kaniseli katoa moe ‘u Fiefia night na’e palani kihe uikeni, tupu meihe mahaki faka’auha ‘oku mafola ‘I mamani koe Kolona Vailasi. Read more..
Please see below COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information for our community in the Pacific Languages- 17th March 2020
Polyfest Cancelled 2020 - 16th March 2020
We have just received confirmation that Polyfest has been cancelled, therefore I am very sorry to inform you that our Tongan Fiefia night on Wednesday 18 March and the Samoan Po Siva night on Thursday 19 March have also been cancelled. Read more..
Fiafia Night Cancelled - 16th March 2020
I am very sorry to inform you that due to the recent developments with regard to Covid-19 we have to cancel this evenings Fiafia night. Read more..
Pasifika Festival Cancelled - 13th March 2020
Many of you will be aware that the Pasifika Festival has been cancelled this weekend amid concerns about the risk of COVID19 being transmitted to the Pacific Islands by festival attendees. Read more..
Covid - 19 Information - 29th Feb 2020
You will be aware of the current news surrounding the Coronavirus outbreak in China. We are closely monitoring information provided by the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health and following their advice. Read more ..