Keeping it in the familyThe Peck Cup for "Football Boys Most Improved Player" was awarded to Andrew after his first season playing soccer for theschool. Andrew was surprised to discover the same cup was won by his father, Neil (pictured with Andrew) - in 1978!
Manurewa High School's sports awards were held last Wednesday. Thirteen sportsperson of the year awards were givento athletes who have excelled in sport at an international/national level. The recipients were:
- Nick Voke - NZ Golf
- Savanna Blackburn Rangitaawa - NZ Cheerleading
- Jacob Diaz - NZ Rugby League
- Mark Talaese, Raymond Fuilala and Alamanda Motuga - NZSS Rugby top 60 players
- Dan Maireroa - NZ Taekwondo
- Tenisha Stringer - NZ Tag
- Shaq Smiley - NZ Touch
- Caleb and Chelsea Davies - NZSS Trampoline
- Jonathan Tufuga - NZ Volleyball
- Cullen Edwards - NZ Waka Ama
Congratulations to all of these students whose commitment and enthusiasm for their chosen sport makes them very deservingwinners.