Kia ora parents and caregivers
Thank you to everyone who attended the recent Student Achievement Conferences this month. We know how important the feedback and feedforward between student, wh?nau and kaitiaki is to the achievement of our students. If you were not able to make it for any reason please arrange a suitable time as soon as possible. The school reports and conversations you had will assist you in knowing what needs to be done by your child for the rest of the term ahead.
To offer further support to students the school has established a homework club which is open every weekday before and after school in the school library. Please encourage your child to attend if they want an alternative place to study.
Assessment week commences Thursday 25 May for Year 11, 12 and 13 students. Timetables come out next week and full attendance is crucial as many students have the opportunity to gain 15-30 credits over the 6 days of assessments. Year 9 and 10 students remain on their usual timetable.
There are many great articles in the newsletter but I just want to draw your attention to a few:
- Namisha Chand, successful in her application to attend the London International Youth Science Forum in July 2017
- The story on Seven Sharp profiling our school band.
- The Melodies as part of May Music Month.
- Our Future Problem Solving Team off to compete in the International competition in the United States in June – acknowledgment and a special thank you to John Hynds and EY who’s more than generous sponsorship has made this trip possible.
- Our student leadership community council has recently profiled our student leadership team in a series of posts on their facebook page. Click the link to read about these impressive students. https://www.facebook.com/ManurewaHighCommunityCouncil/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf
Good luck to all the students and staff involved in the many winter sports starting in the weeks ahead. I look forward to welcoming our many parent supporters into the school over the course of the term.
Nga mihi nui