Also celebrating success are students in Sport. The basketball open boys are playing in the semi-finals this afternoon and the nail biting finals for 1stXV and 2ndXV Rugby is taking place tomorrow. 2nd XV is playing against Tuakau College, kick off at 10.30am, and the 1st XV is up against Pukekohe High School 1st XV at 12pm. If you can't make it along to Collin Lawrie Park in Pukekohe tomorrow morning be sure to watch the live stream on the Manurewa Sports Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/rewa.hs.1
- Basketball Open A boys went undefeated and came 1st in the Counties Basketball Open A Boys Competition. They have now qualified for the Greater Auckland Basketball Tournament this week and after a successful opening day, they now have semi-finals this Friday August 17 at North Shore Event Centre.
- Basketball Open Girls placed 2nd in the Open Girls A competition and qualified for greater Auckland Competition. Coming up against some of the best teams in Auckland was a good learning experience for the girls and they placed third in their pool.
- Badminton A Grade placed 3rd in their competition. Big thanks to Prabhnoor Singh, Andrew Pham and Janny Jones for coaching alongside your teammates.
- Rugby Union 1st XV have been top competitors in the Counties Rugby Premier Competition this year. They are now preparing for finals this week against Pukekohe High and Colin Lawrie Park.
- Rugby Union 2nd XV have been dominating their competition and will be playing Tuakau College for finals this week.
- Congratulations to Makayla Eli a member of our 1st XV girls team for being named in the Counties Manukau Heat Squad. Junior Pua, a year 13 student and member of our 1st XIII has excelled this year in his craft and is currently playing for the Warriors U20s team.
- Netball Junior A have been doing well all year and have taken 1st place in the Junior A competition. Congratulations to Trinity Glassie a member of the team that received the year 10 Talent I.D award for her competition.