Young Enterprise AwardsCaring & Co are a group of Manurewa High School students who have self-produced and marketed a unique olive oil product. Proceeds from the olive oil sales are donated to the Life Education Trust, with each bottle of olive oil funding one childthrough a Life Education Trust programme.
The group competed against thirteen other teams in the South Auckland Regional Lions Foundation Young enterprise awards held at Villa Maria on Wednesday. Manurewa High School won top honors in the following categories:
- Outstanding Regional Company of the year
- Financial Management Award
- Excellence in Business Management Award
- Student CEO Lar SuA won regional Entrepreneur of the Year
- The group's teacher and mentor, Emma O'Riordan, won Young Enterprise Teacher of the Year.
Caring & Co will travel to Wellington in December to compete against 25 other groups for NZ Business of the Year. The national final is a dragon's den style presentation at The CQ hotel. This will be followed by an award dinner at Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa.
At the national awards in December, Caring & Co will receive an excellence award. Lar Su'A is one of five entrepreneurs in the running for Managing Director of the Year.