Waharau Outdoor Education
The Waharau Outdoor Education Centre was established as a fully self-contained outdoor and recreational camp. It is intended for school and youth groups, conferences, seminars and retreats for adult groups.
This camp was established in 1983 in the Waharau Regional Park in the Eastern Hunua Ranges. It is controlled and financed by a Committee of Management with representatives from the Auckland Regional Council, Howick College, The Manurewa High School, Papakura High School and Rosehill College.
The objectives of the Association are:
(a) To provide, maintain and organise an educational and recreational camp in the Hunua Ranges;
(b) To encourage and facilitate the use of this camp by schools and community groups for educational and recreational purposes on a non-profit making basis.
(c) To foster a deeper appreciation of the need to conserve and preserve our country's resources.
For booking information contact Trustee, Heinz Ofner at [email protected]
- Orienteering: (a course is set up) - contact Heinz Ofner.
- Cross-Country Running Tracks
- Mountain Biking
- Water: Diving, sailing, swimming, canoeing, river crossing
- Overnight Camp
- Loop Tramp: for 2 or 5 hours, marked tracks. See ARC Information Centre.
- Ropes Course: Bookings required. Complete Booking Form.
- Migrating Bird Studies, Bush, Shore, Geological Studies and many other uses.